Recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
For applicants pursuing a diploma or degree to become a registered nurse.
Current recipients requesting a scholarship renewal will receive preference.
If the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of scholarships to be awarded, priority will be given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate financial need, as shown on a current SAR, and will pursue education on a full-time basis and who already have a diploma in nursing, or associate’s degree in nursing and are pursuing a higher degree; and
- Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
First-time applicants chosen as semi-finalists will move to phase 2-face to face interviews with the scholarship committee.
Semi-Finalists will be contacted via email to be interviewed by a minimum of two members of the scholarship selection committee before choosing the scholarship finalists.
Winners will be announced at the 2023 CCF Gala. (Date Coming Soon)
Scholarship awards varies, up to $5,000
These are our 2020 Cuidado Casero Foundation scholarship recipients.
LVL to RN
This applicant will qualify for this scholarship if the applicant is currently a licensed vocational nurse (LVN) and would like to pursue certification as a registered nurse (RN).
Associate of Science
This applicant will qualify for the scholarship once accepted into a nursing program at any public community college.
Bachelors of Science
This applicant will qualify for the scholarship once accepted into the nursing program at any public 4-year university.
RN to BSN
For this scholarship, the applicant is currently a Registered Nurse and would like to pursue the BSN. The applicant will qualify once they have been accepted into a BSN program.
Scholarship Eligibility For Nursing
To be eligible for any of the scholarships, applicants must:
- Must attend a nursing program in the Dallas-Fort Worth Counties (please review counties listed);
- Be of Latino or Hispanic origin (as defined by the U.S. Census Bureau);
- Be able to speak and read English and Spanish;
- A citizen of the United States of America (US Citizen, Permanent Resident, DACA);
- Demonstrate at school, at the workplace, and within the community the characteristics of leadership, integrity, and passion for the nursing field;
- Demonstrate strong academic performance (minimum 3.0-grade point average/4.0 scale or equivalent);
- Demonstrate financial need based on applicant’s Student Aid Report;
- Plan to enroll and have been accepted in a course of study toward an associate of science in nursing degree at an accredited community college; or
- Plan to enroll in a bachelor’s degree of nursing at an accredited four-year college or university in one of the Dallas-Fort Worth Counties in the state of Texas for the entire upcoming academic year;
- Additionally, the applicant must provide a letter of recommendation by an eligible community leader, such as a high school principal, another school professor, elected official, or executive or director of a nonprofit organization;
- The semifinalist must provide documentation to certify academic performance.
Semi-Finalists will be interviewed via Skype or telephone by a minimum of two members of the scholarship selection committee before the finalist will be selected.
Applicants who have questions about the application process may contact the program’s administrator, at 817-310-1100 and ask for the Cuidado Casero Foundation Scholarship Program or email email@example.com. Applicants should anticipate a response to inquiries within one business day.
Scholarship Eligibility For Nursing
The Cuidado Casero Foundation Scholarship is given to full-time students of Hispanic heritage enrolled in a local Dallas-Fort Worth Texas school nursing program. The scholarship is awarded to financially needy students who display outstanding academic achievement, exemplary character, and active community service. Scholarship recipients will be selected based on the information provided in this form. These scholarships reflect our continuing commitment to the education of nurses and their promise of quality healthcare for all of us.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
To be considered for the scholarship, an applicant must be both considered in “Good Standing” within the Nursing Program and/or school and demonstrate a financial need to assist in the pursuance of their Nursing education.
To apply for the scholarship, an applicant must submit the following:
- Scholarship application and all required documentation postmarked by the deadline of April 20th;
- Copy of their enrollment or acceptance letter to an approved nursing program;
- Copy of their notarized birth certificate, US passport, documentation as a naturalized citizen, documentation of your lawful permanent resident in the US or DACA status documentation;
- Copy of the latest official transcript which indicates cumulative grade point average. Transcripts must be received directly from the school or have been issued to the applicant in a sealed envelope, which shall remain sealed until its arrival at Cuidado Casero’s Scholarship Department. The applicant must include the official seal and date of issue and the registrar’s signature. Transcripts that do not conform to these requirements will not be accepted; *
- Two (2) letters of recommendation: one of the letters must be from an academic instructor outlining the applicant’s future professional contribution to the nursing profession and potential to act as a role model for other aspiring nurse students. Note: The Letters of Recommendation must be the original copy in a sealed envelope with the individual’s signature across the sealed flap (no exceptions).
- Word-processed essay (500 words maximum).
- Current resume including earned certificates, awards, associations, and list of volunteer/civic work;
- Current Student Aid Report (SAR) from your FAFSA that indicates the Estimated Financial Contribution. A current SAR is required even if not eligible for or has not applied for other financial assistance.
*Submit the latest official transcript which indicates your cumulative grade point average. Transcripts must be received directly from the school or have been issued to the applicant in a sealed envelope, which shall remain sealed until its arrival at Cuidado Casero’s Scholarship Department. It must include the official seal and date they were issued and the registrar’s signature. Transcripts that do not conform to these requirements will not be accepted;