Scholarship Eligibility for Nursing
To be eligible for any of the scholarships, applicants must:
- be of Latino or Hispanic origin (as defined by the U.S. Census Bureau);
- be able to speak and read English and Spanish;
- be citizens of the United States of America (US Citizen, Green Card, DACA);
- demonstrate at school, at the workplace, and within the community the characteristics of leadership, integrity and passion for the nursing field;
- demonstrate strong academic performance (minimum 3.0 grade point average/4.0 scale or equivalent);
- demonstrate financial need based on applicant’s Student Aid Report;
- be current high school seniors attending high school in the United States (students living on U.S. Armed Forces base and homeschooled students are also eligible) and planning on attending a nursing program in the State of Texas; or
- plan to enroll and have been accepted in a course of study toward an associate of science in nursing degree at an accredited community college; or
- plan to enroll in a bachelor’s degree of nursing at an accredited four-year college or university in the state of Texas for the entire upcoming academic year.
In addition, semifinalists must be providing a letter of recommendation by an eligible community leader, such as a high school principal, another school professor, elected official or executive or director of a nonprofit organization;
Semifinalist must provide documentation to certify academic performance.
Finalists will be interviewed via Skype or telephone by a minimum of two members of the scholarship selection committee.
Applicants who have questions about the application process may contact the program’s administrator, at 817-310-1100 and ask for the Cuidado Casero Foundation Scholarship Program or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should anticipate a response to inquiries within one business day.